Spring is upon us, a perfect time for a good body cleanse. As the seasons change, many of us are motivated to do ‘spring cleaning’ in our homes and gardens. The same need applies to our bodies. When the body is detoxified, it can function more efficiently and gain resilience.
A little about body detoxification.
Most of us tend to agree that detoxification or ‘detox’ diets are short-term interventions designed to eliminate toxins from the body, promote health and assist with weight loss.
But in essence, it is really just creating the perfect conditions to support our body in doing the job it was already made to do… “Detox”.
Approximately eight hours after eating our last meal the processes of digestion, absorption, and assimilation are completed and the body enters into detoxification mode, a function we don’t think about often. A healthy body, used to eating natural foods, needs around four hours to cleanse and detoxify itself from all the waste products of normal metabolism. This is without counting the toxic overload of modern life. It’s a really good practice to fast every day for 12 hours after our last meal: Eight hours to complete food processing plus four to allow for detoxification. So if your last meal is at 7pm, don’t eat anything before 7am. Breakfast should be exactly that, break-fast, or breaking the fast. This would be enough in a toxin-free world. Since that is not the case, we should periodically make an extra effort to go deeper and catch up with the cleaning, as it were. This is where detox cleansing programs come into play. In Studio Figura we have 100% natural body cleanse products. There are many programs available today based on different systems and philosophies of healing. Some are great, some dangerous. Make sure someone who understands and has experience guides you.
So, why should I detox?
Our body is constantly working to dispel toxins and unwanted matter from its various systems. Over time, the body gets run down from unhealthy food choices, alcohol, caffeine, drugs, stress, and environmental toxins that are a part of modern day life. No matter how healthy your diet or lifestyle may be, external factors still require us to give the body a chance to recharge and dispel anything that may be holding us back from experiencing superior health and long lasting vitality. When our vital organs are placed under too much pressure and unable to work efficiently, this is when illness and disease can appear. Taking time to cleanse the body and nurture these vital organs goes a long way in prevention, and also has immediate effects – greater energy, clearer skin, better digestion, mental clarity, and so much more.
Signs that show your body needs a detox:
• You constantly feel fatigued, stressed and overwhelmed
• You seem to pick up colds, flus, bugs and viruses easily and are often on medication
• You experience frequent headaches and/or lack of mental clarity
• Your digestion is troublesome, uncomfortable and irregular
• You often have skin breakouts
• You unknowingly make less-healthy food choices and often have fried foods, processed meat, dairy, gluten, processed foods, refined sugar or fast food
• You frequently have coffee, alcohol, drugs (prescription or otherwise) or cigarettes
• You are carrying excess body weight
• You often feel emotionally unstable, depressed, unmotivated and lacking energy and enthusiasm for life
• Your breath and BO seem to have an alarming stink, no matter how much deodorant or toothpaste you use
A detox is your opportunity to give your body a break and allow your own self-cleansing and self-healing processes to kick into gear. Your body is innately intelligent and a period of cleansing is the perfect way to hit the reset button and start on a path to a healthier, happier, more vibrant you!
Here are just some of the benefits of a natural detox:
• Prevention of chronic diseases • Stronger immunity
• Less bloating in stomach • Assistance in losing stagnant weight
• Improved quality of life
• Increased energy
• Radiant, glowing skin
• Bright, clear eyes
• Mental clarity
• Balanced emotions
• Improved self-confidence and empowerment
• New healthy habits and routines
• Improved longevity
It is essential that we understand the importance of detox and employ it to rid the tissues of the pollutants that we tend to accumulate over time so that the body may be reinvigorated and rejuvenated and ready to face fresh challenges.
Please follow and like us: